Friday, July 31, 2009

Hackney Wicked Festival - This weekend

Well, I had a very busy weekend planned, but work just rang to cancel my shifts. Wicked! Yes, I could use the money, but it feels like I've just been given a free day off from school. Plus, I get to bring out all my old valley/surfer girl slang which I picked up despite being a total nerd. So guess where I'm heading? Hackney Wick, with apparently the highest concentration of artist studios anywhere. That means yay for creativity and a little sketchiness for flavour.

The Hackney Wicked Festival is this weekend Friday July 31st to Sunday August 2nd. There's a ton of interesting stuff to get into, I'm listing just a few. Tonight there's something called Salad Days which could be worth looking into. Perhaps they will also be extolling the virtues of the humble beet and cabbage? There's a fete Saturday, and who doesn't like a fete? Keep an eye out for a pop-up stall run by a blogger I like, Bitching & Junkfood. Sunday it all ends with the burning of a wicker man, the burner in me is made happy by this.

Dude, now, like, you totally have to go to this.

Thanks to Ewan-M from Flickr for the photo of the Lord Napier

No comments:

Post a Comment