Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Trite


Hmm, having started a blog, I was suddenly hit with the big question: is this all a bit too trite? What's the point of writing a blog if I'm going to be trite. Will anyone care, should I be all about the deep, meaningful issues. And unfortunately, more importantly, if I am writing a trite blog, what does that say about me?


I read a variety of blogs, some always deep and thought-provoking and concerning issues of great import to society. I also read a lot of crafty goodness, some fashion blogs because I like clothes, and then there are the bloggers that are just like me. Often they're just documenting their day-to-day existence, often with a whole lot less advice than I'm doling out here. That's probably a good thing, but the advice is in me, can't do much about it.


I'll just have to fight the trite by trying to ensure I don't tell you all to do the same things everyone else is telling you to do. Not too sure if I can up the interest level, you'll like it or you won't. Though I do find it amusing that I live in Hackney, does that make this automatically hackneyed? Hope not. Time will tell.
Credit goes out to Fin Fahey from Flickr for the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment